QSL is a world-class marine terminal operator and stevedore who develops tailor-made solutions to offer innovative handling methods, while taking special care of the cargo and listening to the specific needs of each customer.
Specifically, in terms of environment, security, and health and safety, QSL is committed to:
- Demonstrating leadership in meeting applicable requirements and standards by continually improving practices and performance;
- Putting in place the most effective control methods to reduce risks and ensure the protection of our people, the environment and the communities;
- Being transparent to communities by maintaining an open dialogue.
To achieve this, we are implementing and optimizing a management system to better standardize our working methods at all levels of our organization. This management system incorporates the following fundamental principles:
- Planning, with clear and precise procedures;
- Efficiency, ensuring that these procedures translate into concrete actions for all workers during operations;
- Authority, encouraging operators to adhere to the guidelines;
- Continuity, demonstrating that the management system is part of a process of continuous improvement.
At QSL, we are aware that deploying in exceptional sites comes with great social and environmental responsibility. We can not just do it right, we have to be the best and constantly strive to surpass ourselves. Above all, we are committed to continuous improvement with the goal of minimizing the impact of our marine operations on the environment, the health and safety of our people, and our communities.
Robert Bellisle, President and Chief Executive Officer
September 25, 2018